View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
24hrsAday

Originally Posted by shoreguyy1 View Post
I was at a "meeting" the other night, not a home group, but just a BB meeting. There is no regular buisness meeting to my knowledge. Anyway the leader starts the meeting with a question " should we turn the window AC's off or leave them on" this starts the typical alcoholic melee of answers and suggestions. Confusion ensued and people shouting out opinions and wants followed. My question is this could the leader just have asked for a "group conscience" at a "meeting" and taken a simple vote and allowed a loving God to express himself, one guy told me that a group conscience can only be called at a buisness meeting and I disagreed. Aren't they two completely different things with a group conscience being expressly for settling disturbances like this at a "meeting" or am I off base , any input appreciated. I like the meeting and would just like to see it run smoothly Thanx
i have asked for a group conscience a few times.. i've never seen a rule book in A.A. your club house may have one though.. smooth is good!