Old 08-20-2009, 06:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
change4penny

I've been on Sub for about ten months now after being addicted to opiates. Before rehab, I was swallowing thirty, 10mg of hydro or oxycodones per day, just to keep from being 'dope sick'.
I was started on 16mg of Sub per day. When I went out of town with my husband, I wasn't gonna have enough to last until I got back from our trip, so I cut my dose from 16mg to 8mg. The only side effect I had was that I felt a little more tired than I had been feeling. I'm still on 8mg.
If you google Suboxone, you'll find a lot of info. You should not mix other meds with sub, unless doctor approved. Also, no alcohol. It can be very dangerous.
Suboxone should be slowly tapered.
For me, it's been a miracle drug. I was addicted to pain pills for more than ten years. The sub has afforded me the time to get used to recovery, living without the obsession that I once had for those damn pills. But, I will say this...without the desire to truly get clean, and without a recovery plan in place, the Suboxone will not help. It will be 'just another pill'.
Take care,

Penny