View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 03:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CrackQuack

Unfortunately, the only way crack, itself, has a smell, is if someone put something in it. It is odorless. What you could have been smelling was maybe the burnt scent that comes from lighting the filter and someone spraying an air freshener. Or someone could have added something sweet smelling to it, though I cannot see how. But crack, in it's (sub)normal form, has no scent whatsoever.
Now, I've been sold fake crack before, which was soap, and it smelled very sweet. Didn't get me high though...
But I can totally agree with her boyfriend needing help. His actions speak way louder than the hurtful words (which also indicate denial, living in a dream/nightmare world, and active use, but not always). He needs to seek help. IF, on the offhand chance, he is not using drugs, then he still needs help for his behaviors because they seem to be a bit hurtful.
And 7 months is too short of a time to hold on to a relationship with an active addict. Again, assuming he is active. You deserve better. If it were 7 years, I could see how difficult it must be, and even at 7 months, it can hardly be easy. You've still had time to learn to care, have concern, and grow close to this person. Don't forget to continue to seek counseling for yourself and take time for YOU.