Old 08-06-2009, 11:51 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
liesagain

when I suspected my daughter was having sex......I asked her about her best friend instead of trying to have a conversation about her specifically

IS _________having sex? And my daughter said yeah mom, I asked is see on birth control my daughter said no shes scared her mom will find out..........
So I told my daughter if you care about _______you dont want her to get pregnate so how about this..............heres the name address and phone number to planned parenthood, its confidential and her mom will never find out. YOU go with her..you know FOR SUPPORT and I will PAY for both of you

since YOU and your boyfriend have been dating for SO long and maybe its even a thought for you...........You just go ahead and get it for yourself TOO!!

she tired to say oh mom I dont need it ~~but in that mom gut I had a feeling she might...so I kept saying no, its better to be prepared PLUS it helps CLEAR your skin......and it will help you help your friend she wont want to go if you dont.blah blah

so she took the credit card and got birth control for her and her best friend.

Wrong to butt in ? I dont think so I love my daughter and thou I did NOT want her having sex I didnt want her pregnate either as for the friend I loved her too so same thing and she WOULDNT tell her mom and she couldnt pay even the 60 bucks for planned parenthood......so I did what i did. Today both girls are in university and building lives for themselves independant lives.

I think I surprised my daughter and it was a good thing because after that we then moved on to the conversations about still needing condoms and always make sure YOU are treated with respect............and respect doesnt come with sex in the back of a car.........

My daughters 20 now and an overall great girl..............they will do WHAT they want to do, and in their time not ours......the best we can do is educate them them, pray and be there.

good luck to you and your daughter!!! Try not to worry just keep communication as open as you can