View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 07:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
babylove

Is this what being "high" is? (Adderall)

I'm 21 years old and I've never done drugs before, not even pot. About 7 months ago my psychiatrist prescribed me Adderall. I don't abuse it, I take the prescribed 30mg that I'm supposed to. I notice that when I take it...I feel better about things. I feel what I believe is how normal people feel. I don't really know for certain what "normal" feels like, because I've always had mental health problems. When I take my Adderall I'm not "out of it" or insanely happy. I just feel more motivated, focused, pleasant, and positive. I know Adderall gives some people a euphoric effect, but I'd never call what I feel "euphoria". My younger brother does pot and he says he giggles constantly on it. I don't do anything like that, I just feel pretty good. Although when it's wearing off I feel incredibly depressed. I'm trying antidepressants to help with that.

I'm aware of the fact that Adderall can be addictive for some people. After 21 years of life, I still have no desire to get high. I see my situation as me taking my medication to better myself and my life. Others may see it as taking a drug that's giving me "false" feelings. I have nothing to compare m experience to since I've never been high before. I don't think it's possible to be experiencing a high and not even being aware of it. Can anyone tell me if taking a normal prescribed dose of Adderall, has similar effects of taking drugs like cocaine/speed etc?