View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 05:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
luvmybf

Thank you for this letter. I too have learned it doesn't matter how much you love someone...only they can help themselves. Even a daughters love can cure her mother's sickness.

Originally Posted by lost84 View Post
My goodby letter to addicts

Dear addicts,
This is a goodbye letter to addicts. I have to leave you and your sad pretense to what is important. I wish I could make you be a friend, but you do not have the tools of love that are needed to be my friend. The saddest day of my life is to know that I have loved so many whose only true love was their addiction. I tried, Oh God how I tried, to show addicts that my love is more important then the high of crack or whatever drug that is your love today. I was left standing in the rain of my own tears saying goodbye once again.
From today on until I go to meet my maker I will only share myself with people who have the capacity to share back, whole hearted sharing, not just the bit you gave to keep me waiting in line. Should you one day finally release your need to your higher power and become a person with the higher power calling the shots rather then the high, we will try again to become friends.
I choose to live life in the light of day, in the reality of what is truth, and the spirit of my God. Today is my day, today is my life, today I came to realize the futility of living to make another happy, or comfortable. I cannot and will not ever again live for another and forget to live myself.
Tomorrow will be handled when it arrives, for it is only a possibility, today is my reality, right now is my moment.
May Gods strength and faith lead you to his side and make you well, I am not strong enough to be that strength, and faith in me will not help in your recovery. We can be friends, we can have hope but, we can not have a relationship with addiction as a partner.
I do not over-love anymore that only damages me, and makes you feel worse then you already do so just know I care without judging or bitterness.
I choose my life without the darkness and without the fears I once knew.
Gods blessing on all people wherever you are and under which cloud you sleep.
Gods Blessings for this day.