View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 08:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
sk8rvirgo
You can't fix stupid!!

Originally Posted by change4penny View Post
Sk8
It needed to be visible to me. You know, when you talked about the pictures...that really effected me. I don't even remember a time when I was in a picture that I was not high. I've been 9 months clean, but here lately, I've struggled more than ever and I don't know why. My identity for so long was 'the party girl'...the drug addcit...I don't know who I am now, I just know that I have to make a new life for myself, even after 9 months, I don't know who I am or where I'm going. I'm scared. Before getting clean, I had just accepted the fact that I was an addict and that I'd probably die an addict.
Yes, I'm clean now, but I don't know where I'm going with this.
I just know that I need to start a new photo album. With pictures of me and how I am now. Like taking pictures of a newborn, with a new life. It just feels overwhelming to me. I have to take it slow...One day at a time.
Thanks for this post,

Penny
Penny-

I am full of gratitude for the fact that, whatever it was that prompted me to bump a year old post last night, helped you out in some way. I know that I myself have been struggling a lot lately. I recently moved back home after living in another state for nine months, losing a job I had for 3 years, and also losing a girlfriend to relapse. All of these reasons are why I chose to come back to this board and spend time reading the stories of others in an effort to bring my own spirits up.

Nine months is a good amount of time on the road to recovery and I congradulate you on every day, every minute of it, as I know how hard it can be. If you ever need someone to vent to or just share your thoughts for the day with, feel free to PM me on here...My thoughts are you can never have enough friends or support in recovery.

God Bless and Thank You,

Matt