Old 06-27-2009, 06:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
kj3880

Is that the way it is commonly done in AA? It is considered to be OK to discuss what someone said at another meeting with one another even if one of us wasn't at the meeting where it was said, and we can use names?

We also read that same thing out in NA meetings "Who you see here, what you hear here, let it stay here." I was just curious about the specific expectations on us if we want to stay true to the traditions. The issue was on my mind recently when a friend, Terry, told me "I'm really worried about F." F is a mutual friend/addict in NA with us. So I asked her "Oh, is he ok?" Terry said "I dunno, he shared something really bad in the midnight meeting last night." I asked what it was, concerned. Terry said "I can't tell you, that would be violate our core tradition. I would have thought you'd know that." It was late, so I had to wait til the next day to call F and see if he was OK. He told me that a dear friend of his had died, and that he was struggling with staying clean as a result. I was worried about him. Sometimes I wish people wouldn't say anything at all if they can't tell you the whole thing. Know what I mean? I guess I'm a bit nosy, but mostly just concerned. I prayed for F, and he made it through the tough time clean and sober. So that's all that matters, really.

Love,
KJ