Old 06-27-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

"What you hear here, What you Say here, when you leave here, let it stay here."

FightingIrish wrote........:

"...But it also means (for me), that I shouldn't tell someone who missed the meeting last night but is normally there, "gee, John B. came in last night and told the group he was thinking about drinking again..."
I dunno, am I wrong here?..."

...to which laurie6781 replied......:

"...NOPE, you hit the nail on the head I M H O!
Now that saying does not preclude me from having a 'light bulb moment' from something someone shared, and sharing that "moment" with my sponsor or someone else, .................. ie sharing the moment, but NOT WHO said what.
J M H O..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, perhaps I'm just stirrin the pot here, or yankin a chain, but for me, it's all about the word 'here' NOT the 'here, here' or 'hear, hear' (whichever one prefers), BUT the 'let it stay HERE.' ...and for me that 'here' means AA, the whole of AA, and not just the 'here' as to the four walls of the room for that particular meeting. Therefore, if I heard a person in a meeting say they were struggling and thinking of 'going back out' I would have no qualms in speaking of this (including the person's name) to another friend (also in AA, but not in that particular meeting) who knew this person, and would be concerned.

...just an opinion here.....(ah, another 'here' .... LOL).....something to think about...... (o:

NoelleR