View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ex D-Boy
Mr.MeToo?

Originally Posted by 80sOnMyMind View Post
hi. thanks for the welcome! The last time I shot up was about 1 week ago, but ive snorted OCs everyday since, and often inbetween. 2 days ago I decided to stop, wanted to scream and this morning I got my hands on a hydro 10. Didnt really do much, but i dont feel AS bad. Today would have been day 3 without 1 single thing and i want to scream!
When I shot up, I would take 1 80 and make it last about 1/2 the day, with a few washes... then get another, etc.... i ended up going into the hospital about 3 weeks ago because of an abscess on my arm... had to stay in the hospital for 4 days and a surgeon had to cut a huge hole out of my arm. Decided to go back to snorting... but you just dont get the rush. .. but you do get the high.
Right now I am living with my husband (well.... highly possible soon to be ex hubby - which happened before my life got way out of control) and he is the type of person that tells me to grit my teeth and deal with it (is that a guy thing??). But he has no clue what this is like... I cant do this alone. He only knows about 1/2 of what im really like and doing. Im scared to tell anyone what i really do and think sometimes. ya know?
p.s. Boca, hu? I grew up outside of West Palm. Go Gators!
totally understand what your going through. So your doing about 2 80s per day then? while that isnt a small amount its not extremely high either.

I know exactly whta you mean about when other people tell you to just tough it out. My brother and parents used to tell me that constantly and it would get me so angry because there is NO pain measureable(sp?) to that of dopesickness. He doesnt know how you feel at all, nobody does unless they are fellow opiate addicts.

K now down to business... the good thing about OC withdrawal is that it is over in the shortest amount of time. Today still can be techincally day 3 because 1 10mg hydrocodone is like popping a breathmint for people like me and you. It will did not get you high nor even take away all the withdrawal so you haven't started over. the withdrawal always peaked for me at the 3rd night and 4th morning. That was the height and after that, little by little, every hour it got more easier to manage. After about 7 full days I felt completely normal (physically) and was no longer sick at all.

Heres a few tips to help with withdrawal (note nothing will take the withdrawal away but time, or more opiates[which you dont want]

- several hot baths a day. soak in the tub for atleast 30 minutes. This will ease the back and leg aches you get and might even help you fall asleep for 20-30 minutes.

- drink lots of water, hot tea or gatorade. stay away from soda or coffee. they just make the withdrawal worse.

- if you feel like you have to dry heave or throwup (this was my worst symptom in withdrawal) go do it! sure your hips will start aching and throat will burn for 15 minutes or so while its coming up but afterwards you will feel MUCH better. fighting it will just keep it constantly in your mind and body trying to get out.

- orange juice or any vitamin c will help build your endorphins up quicker (remember you have 0 at the moment so anything to speed that process along)

- insomnia, not much you can do about this one. its a lot easier if you dont fight it though. I used to lay in my bed watching the clock, tossing and turning just getting so pissed off that I hadnt sleep in 30 hours or so and was still wide awake. Best advice here is just to not fight it, go downstairs and go ont he computer. Come on SR and post / read the threads. Watch a movie, read a book, whatever just keep your mind occupied on something OTHER than how sick you are.

Remember it WILL pass. its only a few days out of the rest of your life. If you go cop youll just have to start all over at day one and the longer you use opiates the worse and longer the withdrawal is.

any other symptoms or questions you have feel free to ask 80s. stay strong, you can beat this!!! i promise you.