View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 09:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sugabug001

Unhappy married couple on methadone together....

I have been coming to this site for awhile now but this is my 1st post..My husband and I are both in our early 40's and are addicted to oxycontin pills..He started on methadone almost 3 years ago and I started about 6 months after him..I cant believe how differant things are progressing for both of us..He still wants to use, still stills pills and/or money when he can, will take any kind of pill if someone tells him it will get him high and makes up stories to tell his doctor so he can get more pills of differant kinds..He has even started taking ritilin cause he can get high from it..He steals it from our son and from his nephew and gets more fromthe doctor..

I have been clean for almost 2 years now from everything and am slowly working my way down from the methadone..I am at 66mg right now..The only issue I am having so far with coming down is I am very tired most of the time and some days I sweat buckets which is very annoying..

What I cant understand is why he seems to be having so much trouble..If I say anything to him he gets defensive and angry..Could it be that he still is not really wanting to quit..I am finding it very hard to live with him when I am trying so hard to stay clean and he just does not care..I am sick of arguing with him on top of everything else..I have alot of days when I suffer too and it seems like he cant see past himself enough to understand that..

Sorry to vent here but I guess I needed to get some of that out..Anyhow if anyone has any suggestions or ideas for me please let me know....