Old 05-17-2009, 04:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

I don't have any experience with Suboxone, I'm on Methadone in a MMT Program. But the title of your thread grabbed me. I just want to say that if the Dr.'s say wait 24 hours, then wait 24 hours. If they wanted you to use the COWS scale, they would have given you a copy. I would just throw it away. I think us dope fiends can get too much information and our minds start churning and grinding more than usual when we're trying to get clean and/or dope sick. Besides, wasn't it our own doing, thinking we know what's best for us that got us into this in the first place? As addicts, we are terrified of any withdrawl symptoms but I don't think there is anything that can truly take away every single symptom. IMO, I think we need to experience some of it to remember. After all, if withdrawls were a piece of cake, I think some of us would have relapsed many times if this were the case.

When I decided after 32 years of using, 25 of those fighting this disease, that I was going to get clean and sober, I decided that from this point on I had to be 100% honest with my doctors and follow their advice to a T. And much to my surprise, they do know what they are talking about! lol

God Bless,
Judy