Old 05-15-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
tallulah

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
I was a target too. I called it an "object" then. I wasn't a person - I was an object, a concept.

I wasn't GiveLove, the person who has her own feelings and pain and needs and struggles, the person who has the right to a good life too.

To him I was "that woman who has to stay here in order for me to feel okay." My suffering didn't matter. My happiness didn't matter. Nothing mattered but the end result: power.

When I stepped out of the crosshairs and walked away, I ESPECIALLY became an object. Then I was "the woman I must get back even if it would be the worst thing in the world for HER." I was lucky to have support in fighting back and getting him away from me for good.

Object. Concept. Satisfaction of a need. Not a person.

I feel like a survivor too, but of a different kind: I survived the things I allowed to happen to me in the course of my learning. I was a hostage who finally realized that the door to my cell had never been closed. I am fortunate. Many do not survive stepping out of the target zone. We could've lost you tallulah, and ever time I think of that it just tears me up.
:ghug
I can relate to everything you said GL.

God, it is hard to accept that to someone you were somehow ‘less than’ but it is what it is and it in no way says who you really are. When someone hands you something.. a package.. asks you to take it and take ownership of it… it only becomes yours when you accept it.

The day you stop accepting it is the day you find freedom. Like you have said.. you realise that the door was always open and you can turn around and leave, leaving them and their package behind.

Awwww… Hugs GL. :ghug I’m still here.. I was pulled out of there in time. Whenever I think about what might have been (and I try hard not to because it scares me how close I could have been to losing my life) I am reminded that I am blessed and fortunate.