View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 05:57 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Gooch

wow.. great thread Best! look at what ya got started.. now it's spring I listen to the birdsong outside the window and depending on how much grass is left to mow, I either smile or want to yell "shut up and quit singing for rain!" lol last night my bud Mikey came over and we listened to some blues on the truck stereo while we sat down behind the barn and burned some brush and spring yard clippings.. ( just a little pile .. 9 ft across and 7 ft high couple more fires and I should have al the spring cleanup gone. )

I can hear the cleats and back up alarms of the dozers and compactors 1/4 mile to the north working the landfill.. the first thing I thought this morning was I sure hope they get the earthberm on this end done so I don't have to listen to that all summer..but after reading this thread and some of the replies, I stopped being so self centered and started thinking of the individuals running the equipment and the new manager who's trying hard to make the changes that will make the landfill less unnattractive and a better neighbor. They have allready built a 50' stepped berm along the road way prepping for trees and a natural landscape screen. Maybe instead of calling up and ranting and raving, I can just call and ask nicely what their time construction frame for this other end is?