Old 04-21-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cessy68

Originally Posted by katie89 View Post
I read some posts on here where they said they just love them and accept the addict for who they are.I have to get myself away from my addict and can not accept who he is.Have to do it alone. I am just thankful that the youngest one is 14 and not 4.
hi hon, are you asking the question because you are trying a way to justify allowing him back in your home/life?

I am probably one of the people who live with their addict---- and I try to say I love him, and accept him for who he is. I do. HOWEVER, that dosen't mean that his behavior as a result of using pills, is ACCEPTABLE to me.

It's a constant inner-battle, that vacillating between, wanting to love and accept a man i 'love', and let the powers that be heal him if it were ment to be ----
And realizing that I yet, can not, tolerate the behavior that comes from pill addiction.

It for me, in the end, unless there is devine intervention (which i doubt) that makes him get sober,
that I will have to do as you - and have him out of my life.

It just dosen't work for me. It causes me tons of pain, and anger, and the feeling of being just plain old sad.

Unfortuantly,when he is gone, I feel the same---- and I don't have some of the 'good times'-- after all it isn't all bad over here. There is some substantial good.

It all comes down to a saying that a therapist once said to me, that I have posted before: "when the pain of staying is worse than the pain of leaving, you are ready to let go."

Guess we all have to get to that point.
Hug,
cess