View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 01:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
JDSOBER

Wink

Hi I am Jd Alcoholic and on disability...

There are several things to consider like work history
Did you work enough that this will even be beneficial to you.
Will someone support you for almost 4 years and another 3 years to get it right and be stable income wise are you sure will not fall off the wagon
and commit any felonies ....underneath the new system because social security laws change daily almost I dont think you can collect disability if you have a felony

The other thing is you may not even qualify for it and wasted time

it took 10 years for them to even get everything straightened out.

I wish that I could go back to work unfortunately at this time I cannot
because by the time I can retire my retirement will almost be nothing if there is such a thing by then

The one thing this program has helped me get back is my conscience---
guess what I cant even lie to the Govt no matter how much I disagree with their ways at times and the thing of it is like most aides here in america not perfect but they help ...they are designed to keep you in it unless you get a winfall...Landlords dont want to hear about that its a few more months away from the hearing they will give eviction notices no matter how good of a tenant in past. As far as diabetic medication there are resources I just dont know where to tell you to go

yeah and judges dont accept alcoholism as a disease much they look at it as a behavior and possibly Arrests/convictions

A bunch in our southern states won disability years ago on alcoholism and drug addiction and I think by the 90's they were taken off of it and to go get A J-O-B and pay rent and utilities too! Besides groceries and any extras

Disability is not a way to support yourself (imo)
These are some facts you may want to look at

Didnt mean to rain on the parade :-)