Old 04-16-2009, 01:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Bard
A new dawn and new chapter

When I was a little younger I use to be able to stay out all night drinking like a mad man come home sleep about 3-4 hours wake up and go to work where I stood on a line swinging a 20 pound sledge hammer all day and if was the summer it would be hot as hell in there or winter time it was freezing. I would maybe feel a little rough at first but as soon as I chugged down some water and got moving I was fine. I use to really take pride in that I could drink huge amounts of booze, could get little sleep and still make it to a real physically tough job and go through the whole day fine. And as soon as I got off work I'd go home take my shower and do it all over again. Now though I so much as go over a 12 pack forget it. I'm calling into work and planting myself on the couch and not doing sh*t. I end up spending the whole day with horrible anxiety, feel physically drained, nauseated, mind gets cloudy and just overall feel like some one worked me over with a baseball bat. And I'm only 29 now but I started drinking when I was 12 years old. And for each year that I stay out drinking the morning after feels a little bit worse.