View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 10:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Nina Kay
Still Standing

Welcome wrkinrose. You have come to the right place on the SoberRecovery Boards. You will meet lots of parents who are dealing with addict children here. There are wonderful, supportive and understanding people here.

As for Alanon, it's the right place to go for face-to-face meetings. There are no Naranon meetings anywhere near where I live either and I've been going to Alanon since 2003. There are just as many parents of addicts in the meetings that I've attended as there are families of alcoholics there. Times have changed so much and these meetings have changed with the times. No one is afraid to speak and everyone does fit there. We may all be dealing with different addictions but they are ALL addictions. Most people that are dealing with alcoholic loved ones are also affected by someone who is or has used drugs too. I am the Mother of an alcoholic/addict son and I've met many just like myself.

Please go to the meetings and feel free to join right in. You definitely belong there as much as anyone else. And I do hope that you'll keep coming back here to post & to read what others here post.