View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SeaHorse
friend of bill w.

Question How do I 'Fire' my sponsor?

I would like some tips on how to 'fire' my sponsor. What is the proper protocol?

I realize that her way is not by the big book. And that is how I want to be sponsored. Also, I am not sure why I picked her in the first place. Mostly just impulse. She has 8 years. I've only had her for a week. But she does not really have what I want.

She smokes (I quit 8 months ago, and being around her has triggered smoking dreams), she informed me that 'everyone has to work' (I have a disability), and then found out, when I asked her if she works..that she doesn't!!!! HEllo...practice what you preach...and she once made the condescending remark to me...'don't show up at my door asking to live with me because you bought some expensive perfume'...omg...1- I would NEVER live in another woman's household!! I would rather live on the street. and 2 - I am a bargain betty and don't buy expensive perfume, or clothes or what not...my source of financial duress is due to student loans, and being separated from my husband right now. Also she is single, and flirts shamelessly with the single men at the meeting. I drive a nicer car than her...and I find out she has some condition on her license that she needs some dr's note for the medication she is on..and seems to be in a very heavily medicated fog most of the time..very flat affect...AND she didn't make her court date, and I informed her that means she has a warrant out for her arrest, and she didn't believe me. Now she wants me to do 90 om 90 (not in the big book) and expects me to drive in snowstorms with no gas to get to a meeting!

I was told by someone to just stop calling her so that's what i'm going to do. I decided this after calling her this morning and getting voice mail. She has not called me back and I will not pick up when she does (thank you caller ID), she is probably on the phone with her sponsor figuring out a way to fire ME..lol!!!

I would like to hear from you guys what you did when you decided not to have your sponsor, and how they reacted. I know I can't control how she reacts but it will make seeing her at meetings kind of uncomfortable. I nicely fired one sponsor years ago, i thought i was very diplomatic, AND she gave me the cold shoulder and had a resentment after that!

Thank you!