Thread: how to stop oxy
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 10:10 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Angelic17

Hi Scared to stop. I was addicted to opiates for 10 years. When I finally decided to stop I went to my Doctor and told him honestly about my situation. He immediately prescribed suboxone. Suboxone is a drug that blocks the withdrawal receptors in your brain and allows you to stop using opiates without withdrawal symptoms. However, you cannot rely on suboxone to do the work for you. You must do the work. And it is difficult. Opiates stimulate all the pleasure sensors in your brain, and when you first stop you feel pretty horrible. The suboxone helps with that. But in my case I only took 2 suboxone and after the second day, I did it without anything. I just quit. I felt weak and tired for a couple of months until my brain started making it's own dopamine again. You can do this. It's not as bad as you think. Addiction is physical, but MOSTLY MENTAL. Stay away from people who use, and just dont take the pills. Every day is a milestone and you will get better. That's a guarantee. Good Luck and God Bless. Prayer is one of the things that helped me. I have been clean for 3 years and 9 months now. If I can do it, you can do it. I took vicodins, and percocettes, and oxycontins when I could. I am so happy and normal now. It is good to be free and not let a substance run my life. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :praying