Thread: Heroin
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
outtolunch

Heroin is my daughter's drug of choice. She was not living at home for the majority of time she was initially in active addiction. I had no idea, thus my screen name.

She returned home and asked for help. I lived with her, in active addiction, for 5 days before placing her in rehab. She was constantly texting. She would awaken like clock-work and bolt out of the house, to meet one her dope buds, who had been circling the area, waiting for her. Her life was so very simple, steal/scam and make a connection and repeat. Absolutely nothing else mattered. If there was a delay in getting funds or dope, she had bad flu-like symptoms. And yet, she could bolt from her " death bed" once she made a text message connection.

She relasped upon returning and living at home ,this past summer and again, I never noticed the whole dialated pupil thing. It was all about her behaviors, the texting, the missing work, the bolting and never ending chaos so that I focused on the chaos instead of the root cause.

So for me, it was not about appearances. She never nodded out in front of me or displayed track marks and yet she was an IV user. She did not smell different. It was all about the actions/behaviors, which never lie.