View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
JenT1968

Permission to leave the intolerable, spirit crushing, situation granted. stamp. next please.

LOL.

except you don't need my permission, or his, or your family's or your friends' or your neighbours' or your community/religious leaders' permission.

you just need yours. you are the one who has to live with him as he is now.

sorry if I'm out of line, but part of what keeps me from making a decision that is best for me (and I'm not saying leaving is necessarily best for you, you get to decide that bit) is wondering what others will think of my decision, will they judge me as not being compassionate, will they say I caused his downfall, will they be right?

all I know is that in my situation, having a loving wife by his side has, to date, not got a great track-record in halting my H's raging alcoholism. In fact, its got worse whilst I've been there. That's not my fault, but it certainly would be flying in the face of evidence to suggest that I help him by being there.

and although I CHOOSE to stay right now, FOR MY OWN PURPOSES, if others judge me when I do leave, then they can live with him: good luck to 'em.