View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 08:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bval

I suppose it depends somewhat on what, exactly, you're trying to 'detox' from. I could see it maybe helping if one was trying to detox off of alcohol, since that's an actual poison.

If one were talking about opioids, though, in my esteem, that would be another story. 'Detoxing' from opioids in reality has not much to do with 'ridding your body of toxins', because opioids are not toxins, they are basically synthetic endorphins. Thus, what you're actually dealing with when you quit opioids is a massive brain-chemisty imbalance that naturally takes a while to work itself out, not the after-effects of 'toxins' in your system. And doing a bunch of caffeine during opioid detox is not real good idea, because you're already wired out of your mind due to an adrenaline imbalance to begin with, that's why you can't sit still, and can't eat, and can't sleep.

Frankly, I could see something like that helping with a hangover, but beyond that, if you're talking about a 'serious' detox from a real drug addiction ... the process of recovery is just WAAAY more complicated than just 'cleaning out the toxins', I'm afraid. And given that it's not even a guarantee that the stuff actually WORKS to do THAT in any real sense of the word ... I'd be hard pressed to recommend this 'treatment approach' to someone, personally.

That's just my $.02 on the subject ... probably about all it's worth