Old 12-08-2008, 08:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
faith12

Chad,

You are completely describing my life with AW. Let me tell you from my own experience. My wife started the same exact way as you are describing your GW. I thought it was a phase and we got married. Okay things only got worse. Physical and verbal violence all of the time when she became drunk it would drive up her insecurities some how and it would be an evil concoction. She became so unpredictable. More than half of our friends left us because they couldn't stand being around her any more especially when she was drunk and mistreating me. She began drinking every day and to the point where after many gory episodes and just a painful down-cycle I told her she could go to re-hab and change or I was leaving. She went to rehab and changed for a couple of months. Honestly things are worse than ever and we're about to seperate because I just can't help her any more and am falling apart myself. To be honest with you I would have never gotten married if I knew this was going to happen. I should have seen it back then but I loved her and was blind to thinking this could get to wear it is today. Take a long, long time and think this through. I would never wish the life I've had in the last three years on anyone. I love my wife but she is so sick and so hurtful and she will never change it appears. I really hate anything to do with alcohol these days. I'm not saying this will happen to you but I'm telling you that it could though. Just be careful. Take care brother.