Old 12-08-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Originally Posted by ChadDJC View Post
I'm already at that stage, unfortunately...

Wow, it's amazing and it feels good to see that other people have been in the exact same situation as I have. Unfortunately the way things degraded for you is pretty much what I've been anticipating for her, so you really confirmed what I was already thinking... Thanks for your reply, it really helps me realize that this is more than just a phase, and we'll need to seriously talk about it.

I just have one question though: did your girlfriend get like that all the time? Was she able to control her drinking from time to time? For me, that's really the puzzling part... her ability to control herself is very sporadic...

Thanks again for your reply!

Here's the deal. This may be as good as it ever gets with your girlfriend. Are you willing to settle for that the rest of your life?

If she is an alcoholic, and no one can tell you if she is or not, alcoholism IS a progressive disease, and only gets worse, never better.

Alcoholism is cunning, baffling, and powerful. I was a master at throwing out enough 'crumbs' to my enablers to make them think I had things under control.

Eventually I completely lost control and finally hit a bottom after I married my EXAH.