Old 12-03-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
beegee

I don't know if this will help but my daughter didn't seem to care one way or the other really. I mean she went thru the motions but you could tell she didn't have a heart about things. She seemed to say she was sorry to me but she didn't mean it. She hurt other people and always walked away from it or even moved to get away from it.
I am not sure if this was due to drugs or just her way of dealing. Never could say she was sorry, she wrote me notes but never once said it. Or to anyone else that I know of that she hurt terribly. Or she would not talk about it ever just act like nothing had ever taken place. Very cold in my eyes and yet if you met her you would think she was the most happiest person because of her personality or ability to push everything out. But I always knew it was a show so to speak. But she would never discuss anything with me or anyone then.
It wasn't until she was in rehab that she broke down and cried, I mean really cried and sobbed when her therapist was talking about her to us and she let everything pour out then. You could see she really felt it, I saw expressions on her face I had never seen when she was talking to us. She isn't a huge talker now but she does say she is sorry when she has hurt me somehow and she is willing to sit and talk some what but not like probably most daughters and moms talk.
I think what ever happened in rehab was a big part of her recovery and I just pray it stays that way. She is going on 8 months sober so I am happy for that. Congrats on your son with a year and one month.