View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ShellySprinkle

Originally Posted by bvaljalo View Post
Hey Shelly ... welcome to SR.com

Might I suggest ... calling your doctor?

And also, maybe just stick to one thread? How about we make it this one?

It definitely can take a little bit for your body to adjust to the subs, and also to figure out the right dosage. Taking too much (or too little) can actually make you feel pretty weird and yucky. Tell me about your habit leading up to your getting on the subs, and the process/timeline of how you got onto it over the past two days, and how much subs you're now taking, and then maybe I can offer some guidance to you ... been on subs a NUMBER of times, myself.

Bottom-line, though, expect it to take from between 24 and 48 hours from your last dose of ANY 'real' opioid before you start feeling 'normal' again from just the subs. THat's assuming you haven't had any methadone in the last 10 days, cause that can complicate the transition dramatically.
i was taking 5 to maybe 8 *depending on my stash and mood* a day for almost the past year. was able to arrange for my insurance to cover the cost of the program on wednesday, and went to the doc on thursday at ten a.m.. had 40mg worth of lortabs about 16 hrs before i took my first dose of 4mg suboxone at the Dr.s office. Told him all of this, including my habit up until the time of treatment. so, he started me on 4mg that day with another 4mg 12 hrs later. this is what i have been on since going to the doctor.

i did call his office twice yesterday. they said to keep taking it as directed and to come in for my follow up as planned monday at eleven a.m..

this stuff is pretty yucky tasting, but it beats the heck out of abusing narcotics! hope this info helped!