View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 04:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
2ala2
Lost-n-Found

Prayers Used In Narcotics Anonymous

I came accross this today:

The Serenity Prayer
"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Narcotics Anonymous - Little White Booklet

The We Version Of The Serenity Prayer
"God, grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, courage to change the things we can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

The Third Step Prayer
" God Take my will and my life. Guide me in my recovery. Show me how to live."

The Recovery Prayer
"We cannot change the nature of the addict or addiction. We can help to change the old lie "Once an addict, always an addict," by striving to make recovery more available. God, help us to remember this difference."

The Literature Prayer
"GOD, grant us knowledge that we may write according to Your Divine precepts. Instill in us a sense of Your purpose. Make us servants of Your will and grant us a bond of selflessness, that this may truly be Your work, not ours-in order that no addict, anywhere, need die from the horrors of addiction."

The Just For Today Prayer
JUST FOR TODAY my thoughts will be on my recovery, living and enjoying life without the use of drugs.
JUST FOR TODAY I will have faith in someone in N.A. who believes in me and wants to help me in my recovery.
JUST FOR TODAY I will have a program. I will try to follow it to the best of my ability.
JUST FOR TODAY through N.A. I will try to get a better perspective on my life.
JUST FOR TODAY I will be unafraid, my thoughts will be on my new associations, people who are not using and who have found a new way of life. So long as I follow that way, I have nothing to fear.

A Modified Version Of The Literature Prayer For Service
"GOD, grant us knowledge that we may Serve according to Your Divine precepts. Instill in us a sense of Your purpose. Make us servants of Your will and grant us a bond of selflessness, that this may truly be Your work, not ours-in order that no addict, anywhere, need die from the horrors of addiction."

The Trust Prayer

"Higher Power, I've learned to trust your guidance, yet I still have my own ideas about how I want to live my life. Let me share those ideas with you, and then let me clearly understand your will for me. In the end, let your will, not mine, be done."

Just For Today December 4 p354

The Gratitude Prayer

"I've recovered something I never had, something I never imagined possible: the life of a recovering addict. Thank you, Higher Power, in more than words can say."

Just For Today January 7

The Self-Acceptance Prayer
"Higher Power, help me live in accordance with spiritual principles. Only then can I approve of myself."
Just For Today April 13

The Learning Prayer

"Mistakes aren't tragedies. But please, Higher Power, help me learn from them! "

Just For Today may 14

The Acceptance Prayer
"Higher Power, grant me the wisdom to know the difference between what can be changed and what I must accept. Please help me gratefully accept the life I've been given."
Just For Today June 16

The Patience Prayer
"Higher Power, help me discover what's most important in my life. Help me learn patience, so that I can devote my resources to the important things."
Just For Today July 12

The Selfless Service Prayer
"Higher Power, help me serve other people, not demand that they serve me."
Just For Today August 13

The Flexibility Prayer

"Higher Power, help me bend with life's wind and glory in its passing. Free me from rigidity."

Just For Today Sptember 11

The powerlessness Prayer
"God, I admit my powerlessness and the unmanageability of my life. Help me live with others as an equal, dependent upon you for direction and strength."
Just For Today October 12