View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 06:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
TryingSoHard
I'm just a little unwell

As yet another drinker who's lurking on the F&F board, I just wanted to chime in for a minute. Bernadette, I think you, TTOSB, and Ago are really all on the same page, but I think it was this one sentence that caught our attention:

Originally Posted by Bernadette View Post
They don't need or want my "help" in getting sober/recovered - I would be little or no help to them anyway!!
I had the same reaction as TTOSB when I first read it, but when I read your follow-up post it sounded much different.

Ago spelled things out in a slightly different manner, but I think the underlying sentiment is the same.

Please believe: we definitely DO want and need your help and support! But, like Ago said, you can only "help" with things that you have personal experience with and can truly understand. Like YOU said, those in recovery tend to get their best RECOVERY support from other addicts. But we need that LIFE support when we are home with our loved ones, or our battle is a million times more difficult.

So to repeat what I've already said, I think we're all saying the same thing, just in different ways.

I hope everyone has a great day.