View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 11:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
krati

yes very good advice "Don't tell God how BIG your addiction is, tell your addiction, how BIG our GOD is!!"

I was on oxyanythingicangetmyhands on for several years. I went to the methadone clinic...biggest mistake ever. Do NOT go to methadone clinic. Unless you want to be on it forever. I suggest sweating it out...because if you can take a few days off of work ...on oxys...hydros percs whatever your preference....it takes 3 days...and you are DONE. but it will be horrible for those three days.

Now let me tell you about methadone....coming off of methadone can take up to 2 MONTHS. ..i switched from methadone to suboxone. I tapered down from suboxone and now have been off of it for ...well this is day 4. Take lots of hot baths.

Day one not having suboxone: Fine happy excited hopeful for the future
Day two: Okay until around evening time....then the sweating and chills came on strong and took two tylenol PMS to go to sleep
Day three: Had to take 4 10mgs of valium to make it through the day. Cried all day....listened to gospel music and prayed.
Day four: I am doing fine...i have **** about 8 times. Took 4 .5 mg xanax sweating and chilling but i think the worst is almost over. i"m just really lethargic.

I"ll keep you posted.... but just a suggestion? don't go to ao clinic....take a few days off of work and puke and sweat and **** it out .....it will be a hard hard thing to do but you have to just lock yourself up for 3 DAYS!!!! sit and watch movies over and over. keep your mind off of it.

If you have to go to a clinic ...do suboxone like i did...it doesn't give you a high it just keeps you from cravings at bay. and coming off it is a lot better than methadone....coming off of methadone is impossible in my opinion.

and you can get suboxone from a dr and most insurance companies will pay for your doc visits.....but not hte pills....but it's still cheaper than getting it at the methadone clinic....

Good luck to all and i hope this helps