View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
butterfly19
"Welcome To The Future..."

Spyce,

Hey there! Jeez you've been through hell and back. I am sorry for your suffering! Sounds like you are ready to get some help. First off, let me tell you I work in the medical profession too, or rather did. Currently, my license is at stake b/c I did some illegal things that have not yet been resolved. Please don't let yourself get to that point, sweetie. You're already doctor shopping which is illegal in and of itself. But most importantly, you need to get better for yourself. . . to have a better quality of life once again.

I have a five year history of abusing opiates. Norco 10's were my DOC, but I'd take anything I could get my greedy little hands on. At my worst I was taking 30 pills/per day. Like I've said countless times before, I'm lucky to be alive much less still have a healthy liver!

Right now I'm on suboxone and have been since 4/21. It has literally saved my life. I couldn't do this on my own. To get to the root of your addiction you also need to seek out a therapist who understands and knows how to treat addiction, as well as a psychiatrist who can treat addiction. I also have depression and anxiety so I'm being treated for that as well. I am miles from where I once was, and you can be too. Few people can taper off opiates or go cold-turkey, and sometimes it just isn't safe to do so. I would advise you to check out this website about suboxone. It also helps you find treatment doctor's in your area. Buprenorphine treatment and opioid addiction resources from The National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine Treatment
This isn't the only option. There are others out there. Keep researching. Call an addiction hotline. That is what I did before going to the website I previously mentioned. I talked to some really helpful people who knew what I was going through and were able to give me names and numbers of treatment facilities.

I know how worried you are about your career. But at this stage of the game that kind of has to be put on the back burner. Getting yourself healthy and keeping yourself out of legal trouble before it is too late is what is most important right now. Get these things under control and then worry about the career. I don't know what it is you do in the medical field, but b/c of my legal trouble I did report myself to my licensing board. I had to in hopes of ever working again. My physician is totally aware of my legal problems and has been willing to help me get my career back on track.

Keep researching and posting. You can do this sweetie. I and so many others here are proof of that!!!! Take care and keep us updated!

Love,

butterfly19

:ghug3