Old 08-29-2008, 03:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
kj3880

dooknob,
the 911 system is truly anonymous now if you want to have anonymity. You can call from a payphone if you don't trust that, but believe me, the only way the police can access your info is if you're:

a. the subject of a wire tap, and really, how likely is that? Unless you are in organized crime, or a member of a distribution ring, highly unlikely. Wire taps are very hard to get signed by judges. They are rare.

b. you make a terroristic threat that may compromise national security. There is a law that search and seizure warrants aren't needed to investigate your private phone calls if you make terroristic threats.

Police aren't trying to upset the people who report stuff like this by tipping off the suspects.
And most police are just trying to do their job and make things a little better out there.
I get so tired of the negative opinions on police on here and out in the program that I hear. I know that in active addiction, some of us were arrested and that made us unhappy about law enforcement, but hopefully, that negative association can end now and we can work through that resentment.

Many of us have loved ones that give up so much in service of law enforcement, and believe it or not, some of us in recovery are also in law enforcement. Peace.

KJ