View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
sadandhopeless

Thank you Barbara, maybe I just misunderstood. I know and understand we need to put ourselves and our well being first. I do totally get that. It is just so hard to let someone go and although if something horrible happens to them in our minds we know it is not our fault and we did not cause this, but in our hearts it is a different story.

I feel this way because my AH has a mental disorder and suffers from severe bipolar and even during extensive dry periods and on his medication he does off the wall stuff that really puts him in danger.

He has been getting help for this and it does seem to be helping. I would do what ever I could to get him in mental help treatment if he refused. I just feel it is an obligation to the person I married in sickness and in health.

The old question is - is he depressed and bipolar because he drinks? Or does he drink becuase he is depressed and suffers from bipolar....no one in the medical field that I have spoken with seems to have the answer to this question.