Old 07-31-2008, 09:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
whiskerkissed
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
I remember going to an NA meeting and taking that white surrender keytag. It felt so good I slept w/ it on my nightstand. there was something about that Keytag and those ppl there that kept me wanting to stay clean.
I just picked up my second one last night. Second one in 3 weeks. I thought I was ready the first time...and I really did think so...but not bad enough apparently. Last night...I was ready. It felt good to say it honestly...and not loaded. I was loaded the first time...on hydros. That's what I was there for after-all. Help to get them out of my life. Last night had been 10 days off and it felt much more honest in my own head. For others it could be much less than 10 days...some longer. I had been going for two weeks the first time. I display both of them proudly on my key chain...:-)

Consider a meeting...even if you need to do so online. This forum hosts some meetings, but there's another that provides them every night and I even accidentally (but welcomed) popped in for the beginning of one in the morning on a Saturday. I've been there several times for meetings and they're conducted just like a regular f2f meeting. I hope it's ok to post it - NA Recovery Chat: Online Community of Recovering Addicts Helping Addicts . Very nicely done and a good in-between the f2f...just for "listening" or sharing if you're up to it.