View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 10:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rancorous
Misanthrope

My Mother is a Religious Extremist?

Hello people, I havn't posted in a while. There is a house showing today, so i'll try to make this brief. Anyway, since my father (the alcoholic in the family) has died, my mother has become more and more focused on religion and its getting to the point where its starting to get kind of scary. When she started out going to church more I thought it was just because she was trying to find someplace where she belonged, and maybe to an extent thats still true, but shes holding onto every piece of Christian/Catholic paraphernalia she comes into contact with these days and trying to "convert" me more than she ever has in the past--I thought she gave that up long ago. She is even considering joining a megachurch in our area. I am distrustful of those types of churches, they seem so superficial and artificial. Anyway, getting back to how this ties into the fact that theres a house showing, she has a St. Joseph statue thing and the statue gets credit for all of our hard work when we finally sell the house, not us. It makes me upset. Any advice on this matter?