Old 06-23-2008, 11:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
historyteach
To Life!

I'm on day four of the Chantix again.
No problems.

Last time I took it, I quit smoking for two weeks.
I had *no* issues at all. No cravings; no urges; no psychological problems. It was too easy! And that was the problem! I forgot to take the Chantix, as a result.
And I picked up the cigarettes again because of it. :>(

So, to prevent that from happening again,
This time, I'm carrying the chantix in my purse.
If I forget to take it when I'm supposed to,
It's with me when I remember to take it.

I am determined to get back to the land of the non-smokers once more.
I remember what it was like, not to have this hacking cough!
And I want to be able to smell things and taste my food again.
And yea, to smell good myself, once more! :>)

Chantix is an aide that can help me reach my goal.
Everyone of us has to do what's right for us.

If it doesn't work for you, don't take it.
Work with your doctor and your pharmacist. Talk to them if there is any problem. But, know that depression is often masked by smoking. When we quit, the depression comes to the fore. These studies are not saying that chantix/champix are *causing* depression. There is a difference.

Please don't jump to the conclusion that a, (chantix) causes b,(depression and suicidal thinking). It is just as likely that c, (your smoking) hid b, (your depression and suicidal thinking). Therefore you would be subjecting yourself to the illogical thinking of false cause. And the statistics in the studies are very very small too. So, a false generalization is in danger here too.

So, it is vital to be honest with your doctor and/or pharmacist. And it's important that they give you the information too! Like I said earlier, no one told my sister, who may have been able to stay smoke free, had she been aware enough to get help for her depression!

What's right for me, though, in the end, is to do whatever it takes to get smoke free. I hope you all will do the same, whether it's chantix or anything else.

Shalom!