View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 10:32 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
DSodaNow

Originally Posted by Sheryl85 View Post
I can’t help but think of the quote by Brigham Young who said, “Crying children in church are like good intentions and should be carried out.”

As far as when is too young or too old…I DO NOT want to see ANY of my students from school in a meeting, thank you very much, unless they have a problem with alcohol themselves. I do appreciate the fact that open or closed, it’s still Alcoholics Anonymous (heavily stressing the last word). Now I have no problem with a sleeping baby or toddler in arms being at a meeting. (A little common sense can be used in these cases people.) However, if there is smoking allowed in those meetings…see my last bracketed sentence.

If I don’t agree with their directives then I have but two courses for action…comply or leave. It’s as simple as that.

I haven't heard that quote by Brigham Young in a long time. It made me smile.

I have really appreciated reading everyone's thoughts on here. This is no doubt a sticky situation and I don't think one rule could apply to all. I personally also do not have any problems with a sleeping baby or a toddler. I also do not have any problems with teenagers coming in. It is the ages of about 3-8 that I personally think it is a tough situation for.

Hopefully we will all take what we have read into perspective next time we see a child at a meeting and be able to keep the best interests of the parents, the children and the other members in attendence in mind.