Old 05-29-2008, 10:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Slowbriety
New things have come to light

Originally Posted by SS234 View Post
Although after he told me he "met someone" he said she was away for the weekend and said I could go over to his place. That upset me a lot, kept my calm on the phone, and said no. He had the nerve to end things then asked me to go over?

Why do I still think about him all the time?

Yeah, I can relate to that. EGO. First, what is "Normal?" Second, people can have successful relationships inside or outside of AA. I have only had one relationship with another AA, she has left me twice without any warning or reason. First time, it was after about 9 months, broke it off then 3 months later came back. Six month later, she up and dissapears on me again. Such is life. Did it hurt? Hell yeah. Can I do anything about it? Nope. My life is completely unmanageable and the areas that I am most unmanageable are the areas that I think I can handle it on my own and that i know best. One being relationships with females and the other my money. Truth be told, I suck all the way around in relationships, I have been in many and have learned a lot. However, this past one has showed me that its better to let my higher power handle it from the start and no matter what, just stay on that path. Lord knows I always pick the worst for me. I have been single for a long time and it sucks, but at this point, the negative aspects of a relationship weigh more than the good stuff. That and my lack of options.