Old 05-29-2008, 09:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SS234

but what about Step 4

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Is he capable of a normal relationship? Hard to tell, if he was honest enough to break things off rather then string you along, he may be, but it simply may not be with you. He was honest and broke it off so I would call that a plus and being honest is an integral part of a good program.

Thank you for all of the replies.

Perhaps I'm analyzing this a bit too much, but what about Step 4? I've read about step 4, where one lists actions they've done and whom those actions have affected, etc.

In this case, he told me he "met someone", which obviously hurt but I didn't show it over the phone, and in the next breath he wanted me to go to his place and basically sleep with him because the person he met was away for the weekend. Sorry for the bluntness. They had just met a couple weeks before. I called him initially that evening but that doesn't make it ok.

Back to Step 4.

Asking me over after telling me he found someone is not the classiest thing one can do. After knowing me over a year. I personally never had someone do that to me before. He had no regard for my feelings. He always knew I wanted something more than something physical.

This would obviously be listed in Step 4.

Is Step 4 a work in progress at all times? Does making amends mean going back to those people to apologize? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I don't know.

He has come back before to try a committed relationship but it only lasted a few weeks before he ended that too. I just have this gut feeling that he can be caring to someone and not so hurtful.