View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kj3880

Goodbye letter to my addiction

A friend at NA asked me to write one of these, thought I'd share it with you all:

A letter to drugs:

Dear Pills,
I haven't talked to you much the past 55 days or so, although you've certainly been trying to interrupt my recovery and life at every turn. I don't miss you at all, I have to say.
You almost got it all from me. You almost had my house, I was at the end of my financial rope when I stopped giving you my money.
It'll also please you to know, evilness, that you had me staying in a bad relationship just to keep you around me at all times.
You had me neglecting everything good, my beloved and precious family had to fix their own food, live in a messy house, do their homework alone, while they wondered for 10 months "What is wrong with Mom?" They never blamed you, though, they thought you were helping me, you sneak. You even had me neglect my lovely little dog, not walking, playing, or bathing her. I stayed in my bedroom, alone with you, worshipping you in the dark, while my life went on with out me. You almost got me to give you everything. I even traded my body for you on two occassions. You had all my self-respect.
And the worst thing is, you didn't even had to take these things, I gave them to you willingly, even eagerly. You were so sneaky, so conniving, so deceitful that I though you were my best friend, my chemical love. I gave you almost a year of my life.
No more. I'm not giving you one more second of my time, not one precious second. I'm also taking back everything I ever gave you and more. You'll hate to here that I'm not alone anymore, I've got real friends. We're standing in a circle with our arms around each other so you can't get in. If I ever see you again, it'll just be when I'm pushing you away from someone else who's struggling against you. You've lost your hold on me, and I'll pray and remember every day of my life so that you never get a hold of me again. You s@ck, and I hate you. Goodbye forever,
KJ