View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 10:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
katie44

My AS is 21 years old, been through what you are going through. Each time he left rehab I would set boundaries let him move back in. Oh he was great the first week or two then all the boundaries were broken. No meetings, back to thieving, absolutely no change he would stay out all nite , sleep during the day and make a mess of my home. He went back to rehab last June and stayed until October. He pulled a fast one on me told me he was suffering depression big time. The rehab he was in sent him to the hospital, then the hospital sent him to an inpatient program at a phyc facility. He was there one week. I was under the understanding he would return to rehab, turns out that he was drug tested at rehab he knew he would test positive so he faked the depression to get my sympathy. Of course he told me the rehab filled his spot so he had no where to go. I let him move in and 2 weeks later I found out about the positive testing. That is when we told him to leave. I dropped him off at a shelter one of the hardest things I have ever done. I still enabled him when he moved in to his own place. I am now in the midst of totally detaching, because I see no matter what my spouse or I have done has helped.It is far beyond our control. If he wants to go back in to rehab I will not call for him he needs to reach out for the help. We too lived in a rural area. He will make your living situation awful. If I were you I would
take him to a shelter. He has broken every one of your boundaries and will continue to do so. hugs and prayers