View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 04:05 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
yogurt75

attraction?

FitingIrish asked, "Isn't it a program of attraction?"

I am attracted to people who have recovered and have moved on to a better life and wider usefullness. I am attracted to people who are practicing the principles of recovery in ALL their affairs. I am attracted to people who maintain continuous sobriety. I am attracted to people who are happy, joyous and free. I am attracted to people who share the solution.

I am not attracted to the multitudes who whine, talk about the same problems for years on end, are always just coming back and complaining about the others who retain their sobriety as being too hard-core or those who practice Burger King "Have it your way" AA. I'm not attracted to holding hands, put your right foot in, arm swinging, chanting mantra it works if you work it so work it you're worth it ad nauseum. I'm not attracted to people who think that sobriety is only about just not drinking and that practicing recovery principles in ALL their affairs only relates to the rooms and not the real world. I'm not attracted to the philosophy of just don't drink and go to meetings because there is so much more to a life in recovery than just not drinking and constantly going to meetings in order to stay away from the next drink.

Yup, this is a program of attraction.