View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 05:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Teeth first things first see a doctor as others have suggested.

You are not unique, you are not the only one who drinks or drank the way you do.

I will not play the "I can top that" game with you, just suffice it to say I drank for 40 years and I am sober today, I don't think I drew a sober breath the last 5 years I drank.

I know for a fact that if I had not quit drinking I would have died from my alcoholism.

You mention all of these other aflictions you have, some of them are a direct result of drinking, any of them that are not a direct result of drinking are made far worse by drinking.

You say AA is not for you because you are an aethiest!!! There are an awful lot of aethiest who have gotten sober and stayed sober through AA.

There are those who claim AA is a religion, if that was true I would never have stayed in AA, there are those that make a lot of claims about AA being this or being that, well guess what? AA is what you make of it.

Look there are other programs out there, once you get through a detox and hopefully a rehab as well check them all out, find one that works for you and work it!!!!

I am not an aethiest, nor am I religous, I have found a Power greater then myself, that is all it takes. My sponsee is agnostic, he just finished the 12th step last week and has been sober for 11 months.

Please do not let some one KILL you by scaring you away from AA by claiming it is religous!!!!

Talk to other Aethiest in AA and find out how AA worked for them, there are some right here on this site that hopefully will post on this thread.

Once again do not let someones opinion about AA kill you, talk to some aethiest in AA with Experience in working the steps as far as it not being religous.
Look even if you are not willing to do AA, call them, they will be more then willing to help you find a detox/treatment center to help you get sober.