Old 03-11-2008, 06:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Rugrider

I think it is different for everyone. I was on lortabs for more than 3 years, 2 years of taking everyday at 15 a day. The first 3 days were the worse but mine lasted 7 days of feeling real bad. At 2 weeks the physical part was gone, but had to deal with the mental part. I read somewhere that it could take up to 90 days, but typically you should feel much better after 30. I have only been clean for 2 weeks, so I am still going through it. For me, it is a daily battle that I must defeat. Everyday I have to tell myself today I will not use. You take 1 hour at a time and then 1 day at a time. Not every method will work for everyone, at least in my opinion. I tried taking vitamins but they did not seem to help me much. I would say try to stay busy and not think too much about them. I know how hard that is because it was all I could think about at first. It does get better, I know right it seems it like ever will but it does. I detoxed at home, and the first few days it was all I could think about. After about a week, I would go and visit my family and just visit. Just getting out of the house helped me a great deal. Lucky for me they were very supportive, not at first mind you.