View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 09:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Abundance

My ex husband was addicted to vicodin and this was 10 plus years ago. My last relationship was with a man who took oxy's. He snorted them as well. I hate those pills and how some people get hooked to them. Some people can take them for pain and as prescribed from the drs..... and then there are those that take them for fun and to party and then find they are reliant on them. They are so evil, because they give off a sense of safety because they are prescribed. They are pill form heroin. I can't stand those bloody pills. My sister went down hill on them as well... and then moved on to methadone for a few years....... went cold turkey off them and she is now so mentally unfit... living on the streets and not doing drugs! That is looking at it practically - and leaving out all the drama that surrounds those pills.

Opiate addicts - all the stories sound so similar. My ex's habit started because of an injury..... and then it just took over his life after he wasn't being prescribed them per the injury being fixed. His pain wasn't any longer just in his neck, it was all over his body! They bring on phantom pains that you didn't have prior to taking them, but your body is screaming to have the drug, as the pain has manifested in all other areas. And so it starts medicinally and then it becomes a physical dependency. I know people who start it knowing there is going to be a detox and withdrawal period. I can't stand those oxys. A whole script costs $30 ... a buck a pill and to buy them off the street... they are $20-$25 a pill.... and people pay for it!!!

I have been on here for a few months now, and I will say the best thing I have gained from here, is that I am in recovery. Recovery to help me concentrate on myself and what my needs and wants are. To literally force myself not to think about what he is up to.... and to love from a distance! And for me, that means I have to let go. But that is only because I have tried to stay in contact, but all I still had were a lot of words and no action. And lots of broken promises. Whether he is using or not, the trust between us is so far gone, there is no repairing. Now my ex husband, he blatantly got sick of the relapses and putting me through hell and back, that in the end I gave him the ultimatum ... me or the drugs. And he chose drugs. Just hearing him say those words was enough for me to pack it up and start my new journey solo. Looking back, that was pretty hurtful, but really, he did the right thing.... because he felt powerless. AND.... he helped me get off the roller coaster. To that I am thankful. Now..... I'm doing it all again, but this time on my own.

Sorry for the ramble...... I guess what I was wanting to say is..... I can relate. The 3 C's helped me so much!