View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 07:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
mtnmagic

Originally Posted by albehlen View Post
I am a 26 yr.old female who is both madly in love with her husband, yet incredibly hurt and raw that for the past 3 years or so I have been lied to. My husband started using Oxy for minor back pain, he worked construction. Over the summer we separated and he began snorting oxys. He comes from a family full of addictions, his brother is addicted to Oxys, his mom is an alchoholic, and his dad is a recovering alcoholic. He grew up thinking that these things make you feel better. We would fight constantly about his need to go over by his parents, sometimes upwards of 3 times a day. And then the day came, my husband sat next to me and told me that he was addicted to oxys and would do anything to get help. It is funny how in the pit of your gut you know something, yet still feel so hurt to find out it is true. So here we are. He attended his first NA meeting, signed up for an outpatient program and joined forums on here. I believe in him, mostly because he had to want to do this for himself, but the part that scares me is the follow through. I know he wants to do it, I just also know that he is so connected to his parents. The key part of the story is that he was getting his Oxys from his brother and parents. I just want this to all be better. Reading all of your posts has helped me a great deal. Any advice to me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening!
Hi and welcome. My situation is different from yours but I believe that I know the pain involved.

My son is addicted to oxy's and I am trying to recover from alcoholism. I am 24 days sober. I know that I have to focus on myself right now.

I'm so sorry that family members have helped your husbands addiction. I hope you read, post and learn for yourself to make your life beter.