Old 02-07-2008, 01:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

I love him and I don't ever want to turn my back on the person that changed my whole life and made me realize what love can really be.
He turned his back on you and the children the minute he picked up that crack pipe after 2 1/2 years. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing, but he didn't care. He only cared about getting high. I know this because I am a recovering crack addict with nearly 2 1/2 years clean. And if I picked up that pipe again, it would be because I decided that my family and my kids didn't matter as much as getting high mattered. It is an extremely selfish, evil decision.

Just to provide you with a little education about crack addiction - It is extremely progressive and once an addict starts up again, they go right back to where they were when they stopped using the last time, and they progress faster and faster and faster and they will take anyone who doesn't have clear boundaries down into hell with them.

I feel horrible for you and for your kids and for his kids. People on crack do not care about children or loved ones. They only care about getting high. Things may get really really bad for you and your family. Man I hate to be so negative but its true.

I suggest drawing some clear boundaries for the behavior you will and will not accept in your life and the life of your children and making a promise to yourself that you will follow through on them.

I also suggest putting some money in a place that he knows nothing about because crack addicts will lie cheat and steal to get money. Please know that when your husband is using, and when he is thinking about using, he will say and do anything to get crack. It's that bad. Really it is.