Old 02-07-2008, 12:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

YOU need to first get out of his way and let him FALL. He has relapsed. It is an ugly word and it will do ugly things to him that he must own. You cannot save him from that ugliness. He has to look at it on his own. With the increase in frequency of use, it sounds like this is going the WRONG way.

Read the book, "CoDependent no More" and if you cannot find a NarAnon meeting to go to, start going to Alanon. You need tools to take care of you.

I cannot tell you to walk away from this guy because you are a person of free will.

However, I would LIKE to tell you to walk. Now. Today. I want to tell you to stop taking his calls. If he is living with you, I want to tell you to put his stuff on the porch with a note and change the locks. If he is not living with you, count your lucky stars.

I believe you will find, as you read and go to meetings, that you are a CoDependent. Jumping quickly into a reltationship.. moving ahead FAST.. stating this man changed your life (only YOU can change your life) and stating your depth of love after only a year.. all are the are signals which scream co dependency... Read the sticky above "17 Red flags..." I bet he has a few.

Take Care. Read what others have written Think with your head now and not with your heart. You have 2 kids who need to have stability in their lives.. which will not be had if Mom is hanging with, or onto, a crack head.