View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 09:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Signal30

What's Your 3rd Step Prayer?

I was searching around online for AA related stuff, and I found Dr. Bobs Third step prayer...

THIRD STEP PRAYER used by Dr. Bob

Dear God,
I'm sorry about the mess I've made of my life.
I want to turn away from all the wrong things I've ever done and all the wrong things I've ever been. Please forgive me for it all.
I know You have the power to change my life and can turn me into a winner. Thank You, God for getting my attention long enough to interest me in trying it Your way.
God, please take over the management of my life and everything about me. I am making this conscious decision to turn my will and my life over to Your care and am asking You to please take over all parts of my life.
Please, God, move into my heart. However You do it is Your business, but make Yourself real inside me and fill my awful emptiness. Fill me with your love and Holy Spirit and make me know Your will for me. And now, God, help Yourself to me and keep on doing it. I'm not sure I want You to, but do it anyhow.
I rejoice that I am now a part of Your people, that my uncertainty is gone forever, and that You now have control of my will and my life. Thank You and I praise Your name. Amen.

Here's mine...

Dear God,

Thank you for taking my resentments, fears, and negative emotions. Please give me the power to continue the action of giving them to you, so I may continue the action of doing my best at doing your will. Thank you for letting me trust you, for I know now that I cannot handle everything and, everybody by myself. Please help me recognize when I'm being selfish and self-seeking, so I may use that energy to be selfless and help consider others feelings and actions. Please continue all my positive actions, and I promise to take it day by day.

Thanks again God!!!

Tom

That's what I could think of brainstorming. I'll probably edit it a bit. If you would like to post your own version of the Third Step Prayer, please do.

Tom