View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 11:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
tay-lyn
Bring Laughter Wherever You Go

Hi Jamsil; My drinking started the same as yours. I started drinking when I went out, and once I started, I didn't stop. For a long time it was that way, I'd only drink when I went out. Then I started drinking before I went out, and after I got home, drinking all night. Then, as the years passed, I got older and had more responsibilities and didn't go out as often, so instead I started drinking at home. Again only on weekends, but soon that too changed into weekdays. And again...the years went on and my drinking got worse and worse. I am 37 and been drinking for 20 years. I have blacked out since I started drinking. I've hit so many bottoms I've lost count. And here I am, on day 2 of my latest attempt at sobriety. Because I don't drink every day I always think next time I will be able to control myself. But the truth is, if I plan on having one, I have a hundred. If there is booze in the house, I drink till I'm toast. Nothing and no-one can make me stop once I start.
My drinking patterns changed over the years, chances are, yours will too. Hopefully you can make a change now, before you too spend 20 years proving to yourself you can't stop.